Vinnaren i pepparkakshustävlingen!
2022-12-12, 02:35
Medlem
Zelenskys avatar
Situationen i krutdurken som är norra Kosovo verkar bli allt mer ansträngd. Jag är själv inte särskilt insatt i denna konflikt, men jag hoppas att det finns andra här på FB som är det och som kan bringa klarhet i situationen. Jag gör ändå ett försök till att sammanfatta den senaste tidens händelseutveckling.

Som jag har förstått det började det hela med att myndigheterna i Kosovo i somras sökte tvinga den serbiska minoriteten i norra Kosovo att byta ut sina ID-handlingar och registreringsskyltar. Detta är mycket kontroversiellt eftersom att det enligt serberna innebär att de underkastar sig Kosovos myndigheter. Som bekant erkänner inte Serbien Kosovos secession 2008. Härtill har många serber boende i Kosovo fortsatt att använda sig av serbiska registreringsskyltar och ID-handlingar.

I slutet av juli sattes den serbiska armén i beredskapsläge och Kosovo stängde gränsen. Därefter har bl.a. följande hänt.

Augusti 2022
Efter påtryckningar från EU och USA sköt myndigheterna i Kosovo upp den tilltänkta förbudet mot att använda serbiska registreringsskyltar. Några dagar senare besköts Kosovopoliser i norra Kosovo.

Kosovo police patrol attacked in volatile north
Citat:
PRISTINA, Aug 6 (Reuters) - Kosovo police said one of their patrols close to the Serbian border came under fire on Saturday, in an area of the country marred by ethnic disputes and smuggling activities.

Tensions between western Balkan neighbours Kosovo and Serbia have flared recently and came to a head last week after Kosovo said it would oblige Serbs living in the north of the country and using Serbian car licence plates to apply for plates issued by Pristina institutions. The obligation has now been postponed.
https://www.reuters.com/world/europe...th-2022-08-06/

Lite senare uttalade Serbiens president Aleksandar Vučić att Serbien skulle bli nödgade att använda sig av militära medel för att skydda den serbiska befolkningen i Kosovo om den NATO-ledda KFOR-styrkan inte var vilig att göra det.

'Protect Serbs in Kosovo or we'll do it ourselves,' Vucic warns NATO
Citat:
Serbia president Aleksandar Vucic has warned NATO that it must protect the Serbian minority in Kosovo or Belgrade will move to do it itself.

Tensions have been rising between the Balkan neighbours since Pristina declared last month that Serbian identity documents and vehicle licence plates would no longer be valid in Kosovo.

Vucic claims it's aimed at pushing Serbs out of Kosovo - something he says he won't allow.

"There will be no refugee columns, and we will save our people from persecution and pogroms if NATO doesn't want to do it," he said.*

(...)

Last month, Kosovo’s government declared that Serbian identity documents and vehicle licence plates would no longer be valid in Kosovo.

But, under apparent pressure from the West, Kurti postponed implementation of the measure for a month to 1 September, when more trouble is expected if a compromise is not reached by then.

(...)

It comes after*EU foreign policy chief Josep Borrell hosted talks between the leaders of Serbia and Kosovo in an effort to reduce tensions.

But after they*failed to produce a breakthrough,*NATO peacekeeping troops in Kosovo have been deployed on main roads in its north, saying they are ready to protect the freedom of movement for all sides.
https://www.euronews.com/2022/08/22/...cic-warns-nato

Oktober 2022
Kosovos premiärminister Albin Kurti framhärdade med förbudet mot att använda sig serbiska registreringsskyltar i Kosovo trots uppmaningar från USA och EU att inte göra det. Implementeringen av de nya reglerna sköts ändå upp till den 31 oktober.

Kosovo pushes ahead with car licensing rule resisted by Serbs
Citat:
JARINJE, Kosovo, Sept 1 (Reuters) - Dozens of U.S. NATO peacekeepers patrolled northern Kosovo on Thursday to preserve calm after Pristina announced that around 50,000 ethnic Serbs in the region would have to switch their car license plates to local ones within two months.

Kosovo, which is predominantly ethnic Albanian, has sought to compel Serbs to accept Pristina's authority in routine bureaucratic matters since winning independence in 2008 after nearly a decade-long uprising against Serbia's repressive rule.

Serbia does not recognise Kosovo's independence and Serbs in northern Kosovo consider Belgrade as their capital.

(...)

In announcing the Oct. 31 deadline for motorists to switch over Serbian license plates to those issued by Pristina, Kosovo Prime Minister Albin Kurti described the decision as "nothing more or less than an expression of the exercise of sovereignty."

(...)

A push last year to implement the car licensing was met with protests by the Serbs in the north, who are backed by Belgrade and live close to Kosovo's border with Serbia. Tensions flared again last month after Pristina announced the rule would go into effect on Sept. 1, prompting ethnic Serbs to set up roadblocks.

Tensions eased after Kurti, under U.S. and European Union pressure, agreed to postpone the switch.

(...)

The defence ministry in Serbia, which sees Kosovo as an integral part of Serbian territory, said on Wednesday it had stepped up training of some of its troops garrisoned near the border with Kosovo.
https://www.reuters.com/world/europe...bs-2022-09-01/

November 2022
I början av november sade en stor del av serberna i norra Kosovo upp sig från olika myndighetsjobb i protest mot förbudet mot serbiska registreringsskyltar.

Serbs in northern Kosovo quit state jobs in licence plate protest
Citat:
Minority Serbs in northern Kosovo say they are quitting their posts in state institutions, including the government, police and courts, to protest against the use of new vehicle licence plates issued by Pristina.

Following a meeting of Serb political representatives in the north of Kosovo, Minister of Communities and Returns Goran Rakic said he was resigning from his post in the Pristina government.

He told reporters that fellow representatives of the 50,000-strong Serb minority in the north had also quit their jobs in municipal administrations, courts, police, and the parliament and government in Pristina.

(...)

Kosovo’s main backers, the United States and the European Union, have urged Kurti to postpone implementing the car plates ruling for another 10 months but he has refused.

(...)

Blerim Vela, chief-of-staff to Kosovo President Vjosa Osmani, tweeted that Belgrade “is coercing and inciting Kosovo Serbs to abandon their jobs in Kosovo institutions”.

In Serbia, Prime Minister Ana Brnabic said her government “stands by our brave and proud people in Kosovo”.
https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/...-plate-protest

Efter flera misslyckade förhandlingar lyckades EU tillslut förmå Kosovo att gå med på en kompromiss vari Serbien inte längre skulle utfärda nya registeringsskyltar för städer i Kosovo samtidigt som Kosovo inte skulle tvinga serber att byta ut sina registreringsskyltar.

EU defuses tensions over Kosovo car number plates
Citat:
Kosovo and Serbia have agreed steps to defuse a row over Serbian car number plates, which had threatened to trigger violence.

EU foreign policy chief Josep Borrell tweeted "We have a deal!" and said both sides would strive to normalise relations. Kosovo declared independence from Serbia in 2008.

Kosovo had threatened to start fining drivers from Thursday if they continued using number plates issued by Belgrade.

But Brussels talks resulted in a deal.

Mr Borrell said Serbia would stop issuing licence plates with Kosovo cities' denominations, and Kosovo would not demand that vehicles with Serbian plates be re-registered.

On Monday he expressed exasperation when Kosovo refused to accept the EU's proposed deal.

But Kosovo returned to negotiations under pressure from its key ally, the United States, the BBC's Balkans correspondent Guy Delauney reports.

He says the agreement sounds identical to the EU proposal on the table earlier this week.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-63739053

Här trodde i alla fall jag att situationen skulle lugna ner sig - men icke!
Citera
2022-12-12, 02:35
Medlem
Zelenskys avatar
December 2022
I fredags (9/12) gick Serbiens premiärminister Ana Brnabić ut med att Serbien överväger att sätta in sin militär i Kosovo. Skälen som angavs för detta var att serbiska liv är i norra Kosovo är hotade och att NATO:s KFOR inte i tillräcklig utsträckning skyddar den serbiska minoriteten från trakasserier från Kosovos säkerhetstrupper. Ana Brnabić anklagade också Kosovos premiärminister för att leda regionen till randen på krig.

Serbia mulls sending troops to Kosovo as tensions escalate
Citat:
BELGRADE, Serbia -- Serbia's prime minister said Friday the country's leadership was close to demanding the deployment of their security troops to Kosovo, claiming lives of minority Serbs there were being threatened. The return of Belgrade's troops to the former Serbian province could dramatically increase tensions in the Balkans.

Serbian officials claim a U.N. resolution that formally ended the country's bloody crackdown against majority Kosovo Albanian separatists in 1999 allows for some 1,000 Serb troops to return to Kosovo. NATO bombed Serbia to end the war and push its troops out of Kosovo, which declared independence in 2008.

The NATO-led peacekeepers who have been working in Kosovo since the war would have to give a green light for Serb troops to go there, something that's highly unlikely because it would de-facto mean handing over security of Kosovo's Serb-populated northern regions to Serbian forces.

Serbian Prime Minister Ana Brnabic accused the force of some 4,000 peacekeepers, known as KFOR, of failing to protect Serbs from alleged harassment by Kosovo's security troops, and said 1,000 Serb officers should return to Kosovo.

She accused Kosovo Prime Minister Albin Kurti of bringing the region “to the edge” of another war.

“We are close to requesting the return of our forces to Kosovo under Resolution 1244, because KFOR is not doing its job.” Brnabic said. “Serbs do not feel safe and are physically and life threatened, including children in kindergartens.”

Kurti’s office said any such move from Serbia would be “an act of aggression” and an indication of “Serbia’s tendencies to destabilize the region.”
https://abcnews.go.com/amp/Internati...osovo-94846476

I slutet på förra veckan skickade Kosovo sin egen polis till de serbiska områdena, vilket har ökat spänningarna ännu mer. Som jag har förstått det ska det finnas ett avtal mellan Serbien och Kosovo som förbjuder Kosovo från att göra det.

I lördags (10/12) blev EU:s polis i Kosovo utsatta för en granatattack. Det har också varit skottlosningar mellan Kosovos polis och vad jag förmodar är serber.

Serbian leader holds security talks over Kosovo unrest
Citat:
Serbian President Aleksandar Vučić has met his national security council as tensions rise in Kosovo between the authorities there and ethnic Serbs.

On Saturday a stun grenade was thrown at EU police in north Kosovo, where Serbs form a majority, and local police exchanged fire with unknown groups.

Ethnic Serbs set up road blocks after Kosovan police were deployed in a dispute over car number plates.

Serbia refuses to recognise Kosovo as an independent state.

Kosovo, which has an overwhelmingly ethnic Albanian majority, broke away from Serbia after a war in 1998-99.

Nato, which has peacekeeping troops in Kosovo, called on all parties to avoid provocations. The EU has done likewise, warning that it will not tolerate attacks on EU police or criminal acts.

The latest unrest was triggered by the arrest of a Serb former police officer on Saturday.

Speaking to Reuters news agency after meeting his national security council, Mr Vučić said he wanted to defuse the situation.

Kosovo Prime Minister Albin Kurti described the protesters as "criminal gangs" and asked the Nato-led peacekeeping Kosovo Force (KFOR) to remove the barricades.

Kosovo police said they had come under fire in different locations close to a lake bordering Serbia late on Saturday, with officers returning fire in self-defence.

Kosovo deployed police to majority-Serb areas - which do not recognise the Kosovo government in the capital Pristina - at the end of last week. This heightened tensions further, after they were already raised for months over a row about vehicle license plates.

Mr Vučić said the use of police violated previous peace agreements. He said he planned to ask Nato peacekeepers for permission to send Serbian police and troops to the area, though acknowledged there was little chance of this being granted.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-63936840

Serbiens president uttalade igår att han vill deskalera situationen. Han berättade också att han skulle begära att serbisk militär och polis ska få sättas in i Kosovo. Det senare framstår i min värld som motsatsen till att deskalera, men vad vet jag...

Serbia's president says Belgrade seeks to deescalate situation in Kosovo
Citat:
BELGRADE, Dec 11 (Reuters) - Serbia demands the release of all arrested Serbs from northern Kosovo, but also seeks to defuse tensions there following tensions in the restive region, President Aleksandar Vucic said on Sunday.

After a meeting of the National Security Council, Vucic said Kosovo Serbs must not engage in violence against NATO troops and members of the European Union mission there.

"No one, under no circumstances should be involved in attacks ... on Eulex and KFOR," he told Reuters in his office in Belgrade.

Vucic declined to elaborate on the steps the National Security Council adopted. Asked whether Belgrade would seek to de-escalate the situation in northern Kosovo, he replied: "Absolutely."

Serb protesters in northern Kosovo blocked main roads on Saturday after the arrest of a former Serb policeman. Kosovo police later came under small-arms fire in several locations and a stun grenade was thrown at a car belonging to the EU mission in Kosovo.

(...)

Vucic accused authorities in Pristina and Kosovo's Prime Minister Albin Kurti of stoking tensions by making "countless unilateral moves."

"Whenever one would think we have something solved, another problem emerges," Vucic said.

Serb mayors in northern Kosovo municipalities, along with local judges and some 600 police officers, resigned last month in protest over a Kosovo government move to replace Belgrade-issued car license plates with ones issued by Pristina.

(...)

Vucic demanded the release of recently arrested Kosovo Serbs "as they are held on trumped-up charges" and the pullout of Kosovo police, in line with an EU-brokered agreement that stipulates consent of Serb mayors in the area for that.

"Kosovo police has nothing to do in the north ... , especially people armed ... up to their teeth," he said. "That causes uneasiness and fear among the Serb population."

On Saturday, Vucic said Belgrade would ask KFOR to let Serbia deploy military and police in Kosovo, but acknowledged there was no chance of permission being granted.
https://www.reuters.com/world/europe...vo-2022-12-11/

I tråden ska diskuteras den senaste tidens händelseutveckling i Kosovo och hur den kan komma att utveckla sig framöver.

Är detta endast en tillfällig eskalering i en redan spänd region eller är detta början på något större?

Är detta endast en lokal konflikt mellan Serbien och Kosovo eller finns det andra aktörer som vill utnyttja situationen till sin fördel? Jag tänker då särskilt på USA, EU och Ryssland som alla har egna intressen i regionen och utöver det mycket frostiga relationer med varandra. Kan det till och med vara så att någon av dessa parter vill se ett nytt krig i Kosovo? I så fall varför?

Kan det vara så att vi ser begynnelsen på ett nytt krig i Kosovo? Hur tror ni i så fall att det skulle utveckla sig?

Diskutera!
Senast redigerad av Zelensky 2022-12-12 kl. 02:47.
Citera
2022-12-12, 07:47
Medlem
Bluebeast72s avatar
En serbisk fot i kosovo med militära intentioner så anfaller Kroatien Serbien med Kosovo.

Det är min slutsats
Citera
2022-12-12, 09:42
Medlem
Citat:
Ursprungligen postat av Bluebeast72
En serbisk fot i kosovo med militära intentioner så anfaller Kroatien Serbien med Kosovo.

Det är min slutsats
Glöm inte Bosnien och Albanien 👌😁
Citera
2022-12-12, 09:51
Medlem
DeValeras avatar
Nej tror inte på något nytt krig. Den serbiska befolkningsminoriteten är idag för liten för detta och jag tror inte att det rent generellt finns något intresse hos Serbiens befolkning att gå ut i krig. Levnadsstandarden är tillräckligt låg som den är nu i Serbien.

Tror heller inte att några grannländer här är intresserade av att intervenera. De är också fattiga länder. Kroatien har dessutom inget att vinna på en intervention, de fick rensa Krajina-området 1995 från serber.

Kosovo kan man se som ett exempel på vad som kommer hända i Väst. Albanerna koloniserade området och födde mycket fler barn per kvinna än serberna. Runt sekelskiftet 1900 var det om jag inte minns fel 50/50 i Kosovo. Idag utgör väl serberna ca 5% av befolkningen. Vi kommer se samma sak hända i Västeuropa där mer primitiva folk föder mer barn och på sikt kommer att utgöra befolkningsmajoritet.
Citera
2022-12-12, 14:16
Medlem
Zelenskys avatar
Citat:
Ursprungligen postat av Bluebeast72

Det är min slutsats
Tycker kroater verkligen om albaner?

EDIT: Iofs är det kanske en "min fiendes fiende är min vän" situation.
Senast redigerad av Zelensky 2022-12-12 kl. 14:43.
Citera
2022-12-12, 14:26
Medlem
Zelenskys avatar
Citat:
Ursprungligen postat av IIIKINGIII
Glöm inte Bosnien och Albanien 👌😁
Bosnien har dock en betydande serbisk befolkning och landets konstitutionella struktur förhindrar troligtvis att de skulle ställa sig på Kosovos sida i konflikten. Presidenten för Republika Srpska (den serbiska delen av Bosnien) uttalade nyligen bl.a. att Bosnien och Herzegovina aldrig kommer att erkänna Kosovo som en självständig stat.

Dodik says Bosnia and Herzegovina will never recognise Kosovo

Citat:
he President of Republika Srpska, the Serb entity of Bosnia and Herzegovina, Milorad Dodik, declared that he would never allow the country to recognise the independence of Kosovo.

(...)

“Republika Srpska has been inhabited by Serbs for hundreds of years, just as they inhabited Kosovo and Metohija until someone decided to play with the heart of Serbian statehood by settling Albanians in the southern Serbian province,” he told Bosnian media.

Dodik added that Kosovo declared its independence by violent secession and in defiance of all international rules.

“Kurti’s fake state declared independence, which has not been recognised by the largest number of countries in the world, including Bosnia and Herzegovina, and as long as there is Republika Srpska, that decision will not be changed,” he stated.

Dodik said that the Prime Minister of Kosovo, Albin Kurti, has big problems in proving his legitimacy.

Among other things, Dodik claimed that Albanians from Kosovo are separatists in the true sense of the word, who are trying to seize a legitimate part of Serbia and are not behaving in accordance with UN Resolution 1244.
https://www.euractiv.com/section/pol...ognise-kosovo/
Citera
2022-12-12, 14:38
Medlem
Zelenskys avatar
Barrikaderna som uppförts av serber i norra Kosovo i syfte att blockera vägar har ännu inte tagits bort, trots upprepade uppmaningar från USA och EU.

Under dagen har också skolor i norra Kosovo hållit stängt.

Kosovo Serb Barricades Remain up Despite Calls for Removal
Citat:
Kosovo Serb barricades set up in northern Kosovo on Saturday in protest against the arrest of a former Kosovo policeman, Dejan Pantic, suspected over the attack on municipal election commission offices in North Mitrovica, remained up on Monday, despite international calls for their removal.

Local media said elementary and secondary schools in the north are also not working.*

The Head of Serbia’s Office for Kosovo, Petar Petkovc, told Serbia’s public broadcaster RTS on Monday that, beside Pantic’s arrest, there are “dozens and dozens of reasons [for protests] in recent months and years that Belgrade and Serbs from the north of Kosovo and Metohija have been warning about.

“The Serbs on the barricades are sending their cry to the international community, which cannot hear them, about what is happening in Kosovo and Metohija,” Petkovic said.
https://balkaninsight.com/2022/12/12...s-for-removal/
Citera
2022-12-12, 14:43
Medlem
Zelenskys avatar
Under dagen har Serbiens försvarsminsiter gått ut med att Serbien är redo att sända trupper till norra Kosovo i enlighet med Säkerhetsrådets resolution 1244. Serbiens regering ska diskutera detta senare i veckan.

Serbia says Kosovo fails to provide security for Serbs, Belgrade ready to send forces
Citat:
BELGRADE, December 12. /TASS/. Serbian Defense Minister Milos Vucevic on Monday told the Pink television channel that Kosovo and Metohija are not providing adequate security to Serbs, so Belgrade is ready to send additional forces there under UNSC resolution 1244.

"It’s obvious that there are not enough security forces in Kosovo and Metohija to protect the security of the Serbs. The legal basis has existed since 1999. Serbia has the right to demand the use of this clause and to demand the return of its forces. Whether they will allow us to do this or not, we will see," the minister said.

He added that the government will discuss the issue this week.
https://tass.com/world/1549395
Citera
2022-12-12, 14:56
Medlem
Zelenskys avatar
Finns det inga serber eller (kosovo)albaner på forumet som kan dela med sig av sina kunskaper om situationen i norra Kosovo?
Citera
2022-12-12, 16:54
Medlem
Är inte Kosovo serbiskt från början? Varför kan inte alla smutsiga albaner flytta tillbaka till Albanien. Europas i särklass sämsta land!
Citera
2022-12-12, 19:11
Medlem
Citat:
Ursprungligen postat av Zelensky

Som jag har förstått det började det hela med att myndigheterna i Kosovo i somras sökte tvinga den serbiska minoriteten i norra Kosovo att byta ut sina ID-handlingar och registreringsskyltar. Detta är mycket kontroversiellt eftersom att det enligt serberna innebär att de underkastar sig Kosovos myndigheter. Som bekant erkänner inte Serbien Kosovos secession 2008. Härtill har många serber boende i Kosovo fortsatt att använda sig av serbiska registreringsskyltar och ID-handlingar.

De har bråkat om det är tidigare.

Citat:
Last week’s agreement restored a previous agreement signed ten years ago. Serbia did not implement the terms of this agreement but made Kosovo vehicles display temporary Serbian license plates.

When the government in Kosovo started implementing the same demand as Serbia on cars entering its territory – namely purchasing a €5 temporary license plate at the border – President Aleksandar Vucic responded militarily.

He rallied Kosovo Serbs to block the roads leading to border checkpoints, sent in armoured vehicles near the border, ordered fighter jets to fly nearby, and gave NATO an ultimatum

https://www.euractiv.com/section/pol...ate-agreement/

Se även detta:

Citat:
On the Brussels Agreement, she noted that Kosovo has implemented over 90 per cent of all its provisions. By “significant contrast”, she stressed, “Serbia has not implemented two‑thirds” of them.

https://press.un.org/en/2021/sc14663.doc.htm

Kosovo har respekterat så gott som alla avtal medan ZZerbien gör det motsatta.

Citat:
Ursprungligen postat av DeValera
Kosovo kan man se som ett exempel på vad som kommer hända i Väst. Albanerna koloniserade området och födde mycket fler barn per kvinna än serberna. Runt sekelskiftet 1900 var det om jag inte minns fel 50/50 i Kosovo. Idag utgör väl serberna ca 5% av befolkningen. Vi kommer se samma sak hända i Västeuropa där mer primitiva folk föder mer barn och på sikt kommer att utgöra befolkningsmajoritet.

Ah, klassisk zzerbisk propaganda. "Om jag inte minns fel"

Enligt officiell Turkisk statistik gällde följande 1911 (ASHRSH, fund MKK. D-7, doc. 707936. Turkish statistics of 1911): "912,902 inhabitants lived in the Vilayet of Kosova, out of whom 743,040 were Albanians, 53,396 Bulgarians, 106,209 Serbs, 20,009 Jews and 5,043 Romanies."
Senast redigerad av Ominus 2022-12-12 kl. 19:17.
Citera

Stöd Flashback

Flashback finansieras genom donationer från våra medlemmar och besökare. Det är med hjälp av dig vi kan fortsätta erbjuda en fri samhällsdebatt. Tack för ditt stöd!

Stöd Flashback