Citat:
Ursprungligen postat av
Snapcount
Detta är en ny mobilisering på gång, fast med ett annat namn.
De har rekryterat 15000 fångar (ej Wagner). Pavel Alyokhin “Tambov” är en av de nyrekryterade.
ISW: Kremlin continues to lower requirements for Russian military service to increase recruitment
The ISW cited the head of the independent Russian human rights organization “Rus Sidyashchaya” (Russia Behind Bars) Olga Romanova who claimed that the Russian Ministry of Defense has already recruited about 15,000 prisoners to serve in the Russian military since February 1, 2023.
https://kyivindependent.com/isw-30/
The worst of the worst
Russia’s Defense Ministry is recruiting prisoners whose crimes would have disqualified them from Wagner Group
The independent outlet Verstka has identified multiple people with past convictions for violent crimes serving in the Russian Defense Ministry’s Storm Z unit, which contains former inmates from Russian prisons that the ministry recruited following the model first used by the Wagner Group paramilitary cartel. These convicts-turned-soldiers include a man sentenced to 26 years in prison for murdering a 91-year-old woman and previously convicted of rape, an offense that would have disqualified him from joining Wagner Group. Meduza summarizes Verstka’s findings.
Citat:
“Tambov” himself told the correspondents that Defense Ministry representatives came to his prison and offered inmates amnesty in exchange for serving in the war. Out of the 373 prisoners who wanted to enlist, he said, 127 were accepted into the army, including himself. “Tambov” was given a pardon, a six-month service contract, a “Defense Ministry employee salary,” and a chance to win “national awards,” he told one reporter. In a separate interview, the former convict said he wouldn’t have joined Wagner Group because its reputation is “not so good at the moment.”
By analyzing social media profiles and court records, Verstka has learned that “Tambov” is a 38-year-old from Russia’s Tambov region named Pavel Alyokhin. In December 2022, Alyokhin was convicted of robbing and murdering a 91-year-old woman.
According to investigators, in January 2022, Alyokhin was working as a taxi driver. After driving the 91-year-old home from the grocery store one night, he helped her carry her things into her apartment, where she then offered him some tea. As the two chatted, Alyokhin learned that the woman lived alone and kept her savings in the apartment. He then proceeded to hit her on the head with a glass bottle before strangling her with a towel, according to court documents. After killing the woman, Alyokhin stole more than 1 million rubles ($11,870), most of which he quickly gambled away. The woman’s body was found two weeks later, and Alyokhin was arrested a week after that.
Prosecutors sentenced Pavel Alyokhin to 26 years in prison, citing his past offenses as aggravating circumstances. Alyokhin had five convictions on his record before the murder, according to his arrest warrant. In December 2008, he was convicted of failing to pay alimony. Four months later, in March 2009, he was convicted on charges of rape and “violent acts resulting in venereal disease transmission.” The following month, in April 2009, he was convicted of robbery, another count of “violent acts resulting in venereal disease transmission,” and intentional infliction of grievous bodily harm. Then, in the summer of 2009, he was convicted of illicit firearms trafficking.
A statement on the Tambov regional investigative committee’s website indicates that in October 2008, then-24-year-old Alyokhin threatened a 36-year-old woman with a knife before beating and raping her on the territory of a concrete factory.
In 2019, Alyokhin was convicted of setting fire to the car out of “personal hostility” towards its owner
.
https://meduza.io/en/feature/2023/06/19/the-worst-of-the-worst