Vinnaren i pepparkakshustävlingen!
2015-07-31, 22:39
Medlem
Hello,

I've a question about sites mentioned in the title!
-How the hell they get someone's private information?
-Why do people let them to exist?
And isn't there a law to protect peoples privacy against them? Please let me know the rules.

I've sent them an email and msged them on Facebook to delete my information but it seems that the word "delete" does not exist in there vocabulary, so far they have refused to understand what the word delete means!
They always say you can "update" or "hide" your phone number which is not what I asked ...

And why the F no one has stopped them thus far? I'm going to the police on Monday to see how I can make them delete my information.

Let me know how you feel about them?!
Have never used them myself and will never do!
Citera
2015-07-31, 22:52
Medlem
Citat:
Ursprungligen postat av qwerty012
Hello,

I've a question about sites mentioned in the title!
-How the hell they get someone's private information?
-Why do people let them to exist?
And isn't there a law to protect peoples privacy against them? Please let me know the rules.

I've sent them an email and msged them on Facebook to delete my information but it seems that the word "delete" does not exist in there vocabulary, so far they have refused to understand what the word delete means!
They always say you can "update" or "hide" your phone number which is not what I asked ...

And why the F no one has stopped them thus far? I'm going to the police on Monday to see how I can make them delete my information.

Let me know how you feel about them?!
Have never used them myself and will never do!

They get the information from phone companies. They exist for the public, and also, it's public information. There is no law against that, except if they WANT their numbers to be private. A person who is under threat has the right to be removed from public access.
Citera
2015-07-31, 22:54
Medlem
Street adresses and postal codes in Sweden is for everyone unless you are under threat. You telephone number can easily be removed from public access by contacting your phone company and tell them that you want your number to be private.
Citera
2015-07-31, 23:07
Medlem
Thanks, didn't know that!

So all I've to do is contact my provider and they'll take care of it? By that I mean will they delete my phone number from their sites?
Or do I've to contact them one by one and say please remove it? Which I don't think gone happen!
------------
I do value my privacy and why should they be allowed to profit from others privacy?
I would like to delete my address too if it's possible, but mostly my phone number and I'm tired of getting calls from unknown people or advertisement agencies.
I do love Sweden, but sometimes I'm amazed by little things here that bug me, this one is one of them!
Citera
2015-07-31, 23:29
Medlem
Sereenas avatar
Citat:
Thanks, didn't know that!

So all I've to do is contact my provider and they'll take care of it? By that I mean will they delete my phone number from their sites?
Or do I've to contact them one by one and say please remove it? Which I don't think gone happen!
------------
I do value my privacy and why should they be allowed to profit from others privacy?
I would like to delete my address too if it's possible, but mostly my phone number and I'm tired of getting calls from unknown people or advertisement agencies.
I do love Sweden, but sometimes I'm amazed by little things here that bug me, this one is one of them!

Addresses (& phone-numbers unless you have applied to have an unlisted number) are considered public information in Sweden unless you have protected identity (for instance stalking victims & ppl fleeing from domestic abuse can get this).

Easy way to stop getting advertisement calls is to register your phone-number at http://nixtelefon.org/ .

To get an unlisted number i think you need to get a new number tho. But not sure.
Citera
2015-08-01, 00:11
Medlem
Citat:
Ursprungligen postat av Sereena
Addresses (& phone-numbers unless you have applied to have an unlisted number) are considered public information in Sweden unless you have protected identity (for instance stalking victims & ppl fleeing from domestic abuse can get this).

Easy way to stop getting advertisement calls is to register your phone-number at http://nixtelefon.org/ .

To get an unlisted number i think you need to get a new number tho. But not sure.

Thanks, I just change my number and will get an unlisted one, now comes the pain of texting everyone the new number ...

Sometimes nothing makes sense and the fact that everything about someone is publicly known is absurd but have to deal with it

-----------
Thanks all for getting me informed! School didn't do it internet did it at the end
Citera
2015-08-01, 09:56
Medlem
Citat:
Sometimes nothing makes sense and the fact that everything about someone is publicly known is absurd but have to deal with it

They don't have phonebooks where you're from?
Citera
2015-08-01, 12:47
Medlem
Citat:
Thanks, I just change my number and will get an unlisted one, now comes the pain of texting everyone the new number ...

There is no need to get a new number! Just contact the operator which provides the telephony services associated with your number and ask them to make it a secret/unlisted number. Some operators have self-service for this via their web page so that you don't even have to call them.

Once it has gone through you will likely disappear from Hitta/Eniro within a week or so.
Citera
2015-08-01, 14:56
Medlem
Citat:
Ursprungligen postat av lorddesh
They don't have phonebooks where you're from?
There is but it's ran by government and for getting the number you need to know the name and the city, much like Birthday.se which I'm fine with!
And they will log your number due to prank calls and other reasons for a short time.
--------------

Citat:
Ursprungligen postat av Dryckeshorn
There is no need to get a new number! Just contact the operator which provides the telephony services associated with your number and ask them to make it a secret/unlisted number. Some operators have self-service for this via their web page so that you don't even have to call them.

Once it has gone through you will likely disappear from Hitta/Eniro within a week or so.

Already did it, thanks.
Citera

Stöd Flashback

Flashback finansieras genom donationer från våra medlemmar och besökare. Det är med hjälp av dig vi kan fortsätta erbjuda en fri samhällsdebatt. Tack för ditt stöd!

Stöd Flashback