Vinnaren i pepparkakshustävlingen!
2013-11-04, 02:08
Medlem
Hello. I am considering going to India as that has been my travel goal for a long time! Once in India I want to find peace and love inside my self.

Unfortunately, my budget is very low. After I've bought fly tacket I will have around 20 000 SEK left at my bank account. With that money I want to travel in India for about five months, aswell as having some money left when I come home.

Therefore I have decided, not only for economically reason, but also for spiritually reasons to live at a Buddhist camp for about 1-4 months. For doing that, and fulfilling my dream I will need you other travelers help to find information about this.

Are there plenty, or even any buddhist camp that will let me, a white almost 21-year old girl, speaking no Hindi or any other Indian language let me stay at their camp, get free meditation courses as well as food in exchange for work? Or are there maybe somewhere where I can get it all for free and just spend a couple months meditating day in and day out?

Where do I find places like that?
What do they expect from me?
What are the offerings I must do?

And any other relative information!

Thanks by advance
- Sweden
Citera
2013-11-08, 09:14
Medlem
Buddahns avatar
Hi IndiaMeditate.

There's a great ashram just in the outskirts of Delhi called Sri Aurobindo Ashram.
I was there in October last year and was very pleased with my stay. Send them an email aurobindodelhi@g*ail.com

Tapasya’, the residential building in Sri Aurobindo Ashram-Delhi Branch offers accommodation for the guests who seek a spiritual life and wish to imbibe the teachings of Sri Aurobindo and the Mother.

The guests are not only expected to abide by the rules and regulations of the Ashram and maintain its discipline but should also try and participate in the community life and help in the Ashram work.

The guests are expected to attend the EVENING MEDITATION and SATSANG from 7:00PM to 7:30PM on weekdays and 10:00AM on Sundays. You are expected to take up some seva (work offering).

Hope your stay in the Ashram will be spiritually fulfilling.
Citera
2013-11-21, 11:20
Medlem
http://dhamma.org/
You can do this all over India (all over the world for that matter) and work as a assistant to the teacher, and it doesn't cost anything. Don't think it gets more serious than this.

Good luck
Citera
Denna tråd visas även på Travel Forum:
http://www.travelforum.se/f2251658

Stöd Flashback

Flashback finansieras genom donationer från våra medlemmar och besökare. Det är med hjälp av dig vi kan fortsätta erbjuda en fri samhällsdebatt. Tack för ditt stöd!

Stöd Flashback